Friday 28 June 2013

Passionate much?

"Passion" is the most common utterance among the youth today. Some feel they know all about it, while some are happy to even sacrifice it. But what exactly is Passion? What does it do? Does it give your life a new path, or does it simply infuse excitement in your psyche? Hard to answer, isn't it? I am a writer by profession, a content writer to be precise. I thought I knew what I was doing with my life. I had the correct credentials for this job, an English Major with Honors; unlike most of my colleagues who only took up this job as a consequence of disillusion.
Chain of thought...LOST! Why? 'Coz my friend pinged my on the adjacent Facebook Tab :/
Let's start over. So while we - the so called writers, read philosophical books such as Paulo Coelho's Alchemist and conclude that we know what passion is all about, and what it is capable of, are we being totally honest with ourselves? I don't think so.
There have been times, when I have introspected and tried to dig up my real interests in life, I have failed. I might be going around town, telling people that I am an accomplished person, because I am doing what I like, and not simply slogging for a job that I hate. But deep inside, I am scared to embrace the real passion. Passion has this meta effect to itself. It can blind you with dreams and excitement, but it can also make you lie to yourself. I was a talented little girl, until I took my very first internship at a national daily. 
As a matter of fact, I am an aspiring journalist, and wanted to take to writing, only so that I can help people with the my knowledge. I was always a pro at English language. I give the credit to my Mother, who always encouraged me for the same. But I still do not know where my passion lies in. This blog is an attempt to get clarity in my thoughts (and well, also build my CV =P), so that one day I can gauge the meaning of this hot word!

No comments:

Post a Comment